I think I might have slaughtered more innocent plants this time. I am sad about it, but the soil was too perfect and I was crumbling in my hand.
Like a hermit crab these plants cannot stay in their smaller container too long and seek a larger home. I didn’t want to advertise their dirty business so I won’t be showing you how the roots were already trying to escape out of the bottom.
It saddens me to admit that the majority of the bachelor’s buttons did not make it into the bigger pot. I mean they did, but they did not survive. It was heart breaking but I still have two so I am not complaining. Small victories and such.
After a few days of being in their new pots they shot right up and are happy little lambs. I must confess that I am glad I got them into larger pots and I am convinced I will have to up grade them again before long.
You can see how there is only one bachelor’s button planter now and that is because my cats worship Satan. They only look cute. They tried to take out my lemon balm clones as well. It is a sacrifice they are willing to make I suppose but they upset me quite a bit when I see the holes dug.
But this little button barely survived the new pot and seems to be doing a little bit better. Their roots were not really connected to the soil very well. Regardless, it’s a win. Not everyone lived but not everyone died either.