This is my blackberry field. Well, I didn’t actually take a picture of the field because the leaves coming out are so small. These pictures were taken in mid March.
These pictures are two weeks later and show that all of the blackberries are showing exceptional growth.
All in all-
- All 75 blackberries are thriving after the snow storm
- A lot of extra shoots are coming up and branching out
- Some of the tall standing canes have fallen to the side and are starting to run along the ground.
- This means I will have to trellis if I don’t want runners everywhere.
- They have to be tied. They cannot just stand alone. I misled myself by ignoring key information.
- They need trellis.
- I have more than three different varieties but they all look the same to me. I hope their fruit is different but their leaves look the same
I just love it. I cannot wait to see what year one yields and how this actually plays out.
How much will year one produce?
Are they truly going to produce multiple plants?
Are they mildly invasive?
What insects will they attract?